Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Man Wearing Only Underoos Pins Leopard

Having previously fended off a St. Bernard and a Pit bull while naked (No, I'm not making that up.) I tip my hat to this man. Hell, I only scared them away, he effin wrassled and pinned a leopard for chrissake.

Man clad in underwear pins leopard

By ARON HELLER, Associated Press WriterMon May 28, 5:44 PM ET

A man clad only in underwear and a T-shirt wrestled a wild leopard to the floor and pinned it for 20 minutes after the cat leapt through a window of his home and hopped into bed with his sleeping family.

"This kind of thing doesn't happen every day," said 49-year-old Arthur Du Mosch, a nature guide. "I don't know why I did it. I wasn't thinking, I just acted."

Raviv Shapira, who heads the southern district of the Israel Nature and Parks Protection Authority, said a half dozen leopards have been spotted recently near Du Mosch's small community of Kibbutz Sde Boker in the Negev desert in southern Israel, although they rarely threaten humans. more

Synopsis of the me battling dogs while naked story....

Jan 1 2006
I'm in bed. SO is up but not about. Son (age 7 at the time) is up and about early. Son opens door to see if other munchkins are out. St. Bernard pushes son aside and wanders inside. Son comes up to tell on St. Bernard. St. Bernard follows son. Roomies Pitbull/Springer Spaniel mix opts to defend bedroom. Son and SO both begin screaming. I leap up push son into hall push SO behind me and step in between dogs. I used a lighter to scare Pitbull mix back and drag St. Bernard downstairs and out of the door. I lock door and go back to bedroom, sit on bed and light cigarette and state,"Well, after that, this year is all downhill from here."

If only I'd known how wrong I was then. (Hence my brief departure from blogging) On the plus side I've quit smoking since then.


So given the difference in difficulty in pinning a leopard vs my ordeal I do hereby award Arthur Du Mosch the Crapomatic Institute's first ever Cajones of Steel award. Live long and prosper Arthur.