Monday, March 27, 2006

I told you so....

The last sentence in an earlier post of mine stated that I don't believe the administration has a clear plan to get Iraq fixed and our troops out of there. Looks like I was right

Bush: Troops to Stay in Iraq Past '08

Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 22, 2006; Page A01

President Bush acknowledged yesterday that the war in Iraq is dominating nearly every aspect of his presidency, and he served notice for the first time that he expects the decision on when all U.S. troops come home to fall on his successors.

In an hour-long news conference, Bush said the "trauma" of war has left the public and even some lawmakers in his own party understandably shaken and skeptical of his vow that the United States will prevail.

The president rejected calls for the resignation of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, chief architect of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. "Listen, every war plan looks good on paper until you meet the enemy," Bush said, acknowledging mistakes as the United States was forced to switch tactics and change a reconstruction strategy that offered targets for insurgents.

Resign? Hell no. After all by his standards the mission is accomplished.
He should be canned. Or better still, Rumsfeld should commit Sepuku!


"I regret that I have but one life to give for my country!"

Although I'm not sure if you can disembowel yourself while your head is in your ass. Unless you've bent over backwards to do it. But honestly I don't think Rumsfeld would bend over backwards for anyone including himself. And I don't think he's very flexible. I mean he makes Al Gore look effin limber after all. I'm curious as to who would be his second? Wolfowitz? I should start a petition or maybe an open letter to Rumsfeld. I'll draft that after dinner.


And while we are talking about Secretaries of Defense. Farewell to Casper Weinberger a man of conviction, courage, and restraint. Unbeknownst to most people he was also a hilarious talk show guest and could have had a second successful career as a comedian. Thank you for your service. You'd have done a better job than Rumsfeld by far. I'm pretty certain he died of an apoplectic fit after reading Rumsfeld's article in the Washington Post.

(Kudos to Everything Between for pointing me to that last link)


And in non news I ran across this while randomly surfing blogs

Chickenhawky

(With sincere apologies to Lewis Carroll's ghost)


'Twas Cheney and the Slimy Rove
Didst Rice and Rumsfeld in the shade
Convince the mimsy Bush to go
And to Iraq invade

More

The first line is the best IMO