Thursday, July 27, 2006

Cold Hard Facts

Apparently polar researcher Peter Doran got tired of having of his research findings being twisted into an argument against the existence of climate change and decided to clear the air in the NY Times:

“Our results have been misused as “evidence” against global warming by Michael Crichton in his novel “State of Fear” and by Ann Coulter in her latest book, “Godless: The Church of Liberalism.” Search my name on the Web, and you will find pages of links to everything from climate discussion groups to Senate policy committee documents — all citing my 2002 study as reason to doubt that the earth is warming. One recent Web column even put words in my mouth. I have never said that “the unexpected colder climate in Antarctica may possibly be signaling a lessening of the current global warming cycle.” I have never thought such a thing either. “

In the meantime, I would like to remove my name from the list of scientists who dispute global warming. I know my coauthors would as well. “

Full Article