Friday, May 04, 2007

22% Believe Bush Knew About 9/11 Attacks in Advance

From Rassmussen Reports:

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, (86%) say the President did not know in advance about the attacks. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 18% believe the President knew and 57% take the opposite view.

Overall, 22% of all voters believe the President knew about the attacks in advance. A slightly larger number, 29%, believe the CIA knew about the attacks in advance. White Americans are less likely than others to believe that either the President or the CIA knew about the attacks in advance. Americans are more likely than their elders to believe the President or the CIA knew about the attacks in advance. full report

22% of America? Geeez! That's hard to believe. I never liked W and forecasted his invasion of Iraq during the 2000 elections (based on gut instinct/Freudian I'll show daddy what I can do reasons) and I don't believe he had any knowledge of 9/11 beforehand. Why? Because he'd have to literally be evil in the truest sense of the word to let that happen. He may be many things idealistic, stubborn, secretive, ill advised, unimaginative, and incurious but none of those add up to evil.

Now work with with me here, if W had allowed 3,000 people to die just so he could start a war wouldn't he have at least been ruthless enough to keep the population of Iraq under an iron heel? Started the draft after he won his second term if that objective hadn't been reached? Built an army of robots and conquered Iran?

I don't claim to be an expert on much, but I do know people. Every time I've ignored my initial instinct about someone I've come to regret it. So believe me when I say this W might be an idiot, a stubborn idealist, or a total tool but he's no evil genius.