Monday, April 24, 2006

Is W on Drugs or something?

First, props to Justin Gardner at Donkelphant and The Moderate Voice for pointing me towards this one.

Bush Admits Mistakes in Iraq, Defends Tactics

Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, April 24, 2006; 4:39 PM

President Bush today said mistakes were made in planning for the Iraq invasion, but he defended the troop level he ordered in the initial strike, saying he would have committed the same number if given a second chance.

Recalling his pre-war conversations with Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the invasion and is now retired, Bush told a business group in Irvine, Calif.: "The level that he suggested was the troop level necessary to do the job, and I support it strongly."

More

Ok now here's the part that makes you wonder if W is either lying, crazy, in denial, or on drugs:

“I also want to let you know that before you commit troops that you must do everything that you can to solve the problem diplomatically. And I can look you in the eye and tell you I feel I tried to solve the problem diplomatically to the max and would have committed troops both in Afghanistan and Iraq, knowing what I know today.”

If he'd done that we wouldn't be in quite the mess we're in now. Its crap like that that scares the hell out of people.

Well that and stuff like this:

“I base a lot of my foreign policy decisions on some things that I think are true. One, I believe there’s an Almighty. And, secondly, I believe one of the great gifts of the Almighty is the desire in everybody’s soul, regardless of what you look like or where you live, to be free.”

Why? Because that just adds credence to Bin Laden calling us Crusaders. Never prove the enemies point for them. Al Jazeera is really going to have some fun with that quote.